Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Ohsem 23

Somebody turns 23 last May (well..if you can count properly, you may want to flip the number *cough cough*, I won't be able to do this trick next year!! gahhhh) and the day fell on Friday, working day it is. It was years ago when we had our last quiet dinner sans the kids so I hinted my husband "bestnyaaa if we can have our dinner just two of us. Possible tak if we ask mak to pick up the kids from school and we pegi dinner kejap?"

He just kept quiet so I think not possible la. I don't really mean it though because I never leave the kids just to go out mcm ni and I miss them like crazy. But at the same time, I miss trying out new place *without kids* because it will be too distracting if I bring them along. Such a dilemma. 

So anyway, that Friday I didn't expect anything special so I just wear my casual jeans and shirt and suddenly on our way home MrComot turn on the GPS and ask me:

"Ok, so where we are going?"

I was like, whaaaaaat? If I knew earlier I would have worn a dress or skirt hahaha.

Apparently he asked his mom to pick up the kids and arranged for this quiet dinner. Knowing his tight schedule, I'm quite surprised and feel alaaaa syahdunyaaaaa haha.

So alang-alang takde budak2, I said, let's try Gyu Kaku!! 


Gyu Kaku in Publika


Grilling pit. There is real charcoal underneath and the pot is designed to suck in the smoke so you won't be smelling all smoky. It's quite hot but the temp is controllable and the staff will occasionally check it for you and adjust the heat. Or maybe the staff adjust the sucking air? I'm not really sure though

The Harami. Highly recommended! The slices is so tender that it melts in your mouth.

Forgot the name...but ok je la.

Three dipping sauce


23 *ahem* me with beef tongue! Highly recommended! The tongue is tender and chewy at the same time. Sooo sooo good! We had 2 servings of this.

In case you wonder ;)
We had some miso soup, assorted veges, squid and scallop as well but counldn't care less to snap the pic as we were busy grilling haha. Anyway stay away for from the garlic scallop! It's priced at RM25.90 and for A PAIR came in neatly tucked in aluminium foil, sans shell. Only 2 pieces! I find it rather expensive and not that nice pun. If you like scallop, just go ahead enjoy it ;)

All and all, it's quite interesting dining. But it's kinda expensive to me..the bill came slightly above 200 for 2 of us and looking at the diners there...mannn..ini memang tempat org kaya. Everybody dress branded stuff from head to toe! Kidding I don't know what brand their tudung is hehehe. But I spot a lot of Chanel that night! And this one mom with small kid wearing that quilted Chanel handbag and Chanel espadrilles. Pheww..definitely not my circle ;-)

Anyway, if I go there again, I'll definitely order the harami and beef tongue!

We took a small walk after that wandering inside Publika but nothing much to see/shop. I pun dah tak ingat ada butik apa...but not my cup of tea la.

Very spacious

Found this touch screen directory, which is NOT working. I tried two machines which stands at each ends and both are out.
After a long walk, finally we found our place!! Ben's Independent Grocer! Duh...typical married couple hahahaha. This is my first time browsing stuff in BIG (ye la..selama ni Giant, Tesco, Jusco je hehehe) and their stuff is amazeballs! I think the market is more to the expat instead of local. Local2 mana nak beli menda2 pelik ni sangat. Hmm... come to think, I will!! If I have extra cash hehehe.

Red mango!! Wonder how it tastes like.

Look at the eggplant, so shinyyyyyyyy!!

Kale!! Most fav vege in US food blogger. One of the superfood. I haven't seen this in normal hypermarket. Quite expensive but forgot how much though.

Arrays of tomatoes! My fav fruits!

Apparently this is is how white onion looks like, when a recipe calls for it.

Because I always thought the white onion is the one I'm holding LOL! Ok yg I pegang tu dipanggil golden onion rupanya.

Pearl onion. So....cute?

Golden raspberries

Fancy schmancy spread


And sauces

And peppercorns! Ada rose peppercorn okkkk. Does it hot and smell rose?

Extra fresh hydroponic vege. You can cut it out straight from the planter. Woww... I wonder if it works that way at home.. I mean, will it grow if I do this hydroponic thingy? I looks easy..but nothing is easy right hehe

Volcano rice, whatever it is

Condensed milk out of a tube. So convenience! Practical for whom use it like a few times a year (like me!) hehe. 

Abundance of cheese goodness. I can stand and stare this section forever!

Didn't get any present for my birthday (well, I already bought something though and will post it later when it arrives hehehehe) and believe it or not, se-posh2 Publika, ada Daiso ok!! So apa lagi..Daiso la tempat I lepak and I chose this two cute notebooks and declare it as my birthday present can? Hehehe!




It's for me to jot down my random thought on craft ideas.

Thank you MrComot for that lovely outing!! :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment